Edington Village Hall
Standard Conditions of Hire
(If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, the Hall Secretary should immediately be consulted.)
THE HIRER will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and their behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of all car-parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway and informing them of an assembly point in the case of a fire.
- THE HIRER shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor to do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor thereon without a licence and ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
THE HIRER shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Local Magistrates Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays, as displayed on the Hall notice board.
THE HIRER shall indemnify the Committee for the cost of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the building which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring and is responsible for reporting such damage to the booking secretary. There is a £50 or £100 refundable deposit depending on the function to be paid on collection of the key.
IF THE HIRER wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and the Committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
- THE HIRER shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observes all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
THE HIRER is responsible for making appropriate arrangements for the safe and legal consumption of alcohol as part of this agreement. It is a condition of this booking that if you are to consume or sell alcohol within the period of your hire, that you contact the Edington Village Hall Management Committee to clarify and agree licensing arrangements for the hire. Details of the contact details can be found on the Hiring Agreement. If no agreement is made, no alcohol can be consumed or sold and the Edington Village Hall Committee reserves the right to terminate the Hire Agreement. Alcohol shall not be served to any persons suspected of being drunk or to any person under the age of 18.
THE HIRER shall ensure that in order to avoid disturbing neighbours to the hall and avoid violent or criminal behaviour care should be taken to avoid excessive consumption of alcohol. Drunk and disorderly behaviour shall not be permitted either on the premises or in its immediate vicinity. Identification must be asked for if in any doubt about the age of the person purchasing any alcohol. Any person suspected of being drunk, under the influence of drugs or who is behaving in a violent or disorderly way shall be asked to leave the premises. No illegal drugs may be brought onto the premises.
THE HIRER shall not apply for any Temporary Event Notice (TEN) as part of any personal licence, or for the extension of the Edington Village Hall Premises licence, without prior written permission from the Village Hall Management Committee
- THE HIRER shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner.
THE HIRER shall not make any alterations or additions to the premises nor may any fixture be installed or decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the premises without prior written approval of the Hall Committee. Any alteration fixture, fitting or attachment so approved shall be at the discretion of the Hall remain in the premises at the end of the hiring. It will become the property of the Hall unless removed by the Hirer who must make good to the satisfaction of the Hall, any damage caused to the premises by such removal.
- THE COMMITTEE reserves the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the Hall being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid.
IN THE EVENT of the Hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- THE HIRER shall ensure that no Fireworks, Pyrotechnics or Chinese Lanterns are let off in the Hall premises, or in the vicinity of the Hall.
THE HIRER shall, if selling goods on the premises, comply either the Fair Trading Laws or any code of practice used in connection with such sales.
- THE HIRER shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except guide dogs are brought into the premises other than for a special event agreed by the Hall Committee. No animals whatsoever are to enter the kitchen at any time.
THE HIRER shall ensure that any activities for children under eighteen years of age comply with the provisions of the Children’s Act of 1989 and that only fit and proper persons who have passed the appropriate Criminal Records Bureau checks have access to children ( checks may also apply when dealing with vulnerable adults are taking part in activities). The hirer shall provide the Hall committee with a copy of their Child Protection Policy on request.
- THE HIRER must ensure that no smoking takes place in the Hall and that their guests go outside if they wish to smoke. This condition is essential for the health and safety of all who use the building and insisted upon by our insurers.
THE HALL accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought on to or left at the premises and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded. All equipment and other property (other than stored equipment for regular users which has been agreed by the committee) must be removed at the end of each hiring or fees will be charged for each day or part of the day at the hire fee per hiring until the same is removed.
- AT THE END of the hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounding area in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, also any rubbish generated shall be taken off the premises at the end of the session, otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge. There is a £50 or £100 refundable deposit (depending on the function) collected from the hirer before the event by the booking secretary. Equipment and Apparatus brought into the Village Hall by the Hirer shall be removed from the premises immediately afterwards.