Edington Village Hall
Standard Conditions of Hire
(If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, the Hall Secretary should immediately be consulted.)
1.THE HIRER will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and their behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of all car-parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway and informing them of an assembly point in the case of a fire.
2. THE HIRER shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor to do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor thereon without a licence and ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
3. THE HIRER shall be responsible for obtaining such a licence as may be needed for the sale or supply of intoxicating liquor and for the observance of the same.
4. THE HIRER shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Local Magistrates Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays, as displayed on the Hall notice board.
5. THE HIRER shall indemnify the Committee for the cost of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the building which may occur during the period of he hiring as a result of the hiring and is responsible for reporting such damage to the booking secretary.
6. IF THE HIRER wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and the Committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
7. THE HIRER shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observes all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
8. THE HIRER is responsible for making appropriate arrangements for the safe and legal consumption of alcohol as part of this agreement. It is a condition of this booking that if you are to consume or sell alcohol within the period of your hire, that you contact the Edington Village Hall Management Committee to clarify and agree licensing arrangements for the hire. Details of the contact details can be found on the Hiring Agreement. If no agreement is made, no alcohol can be consumed or sold and the Edington Village Hall Committee reserve the right to terminate the Hire Agreement.
9. THE HIRER shall not apply for any Temporary Event Notice (TEN) as part of any personal licence, or for the extension of the Edington Village Hall Premises licence, without prior written permission from the Village Hall Management Committee.
10. THE HIRER shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner.
11. AT THE END of the hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, also any rubbish generated shall be taken off the premises at the end of the session, otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge. Equipment and Apparatus brought into the Village Hall by the Hirer shall be removed from the premises immediately afterwards.
12. THE COMMITTEE reserves the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the Hall being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid.
13. IN THE EVENT of the Hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
Public Safety Compliance
1. THE HIRER shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Licensing Authority or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which constitutes regulated entertainment, at which alcohol is sold or provided or which is attended by children.
2. The HIRER acknowledges that they have received instruction in the following matters: The action to be taken in event of fire. This includes calling the Fire Brigade and evacuating the hall. The location and use of fire equipment. (Include diagram of location when handing over keys.) Escape routes and the need to keep them clear. Method of operation of escape door fastenings. Appreciation of the importance of any fire doors and of closing all fire doors at the time of a fire.
3. THE HIRER in advance of an entertainment or play shall check the following items: That all fire exits are unlocked and panic bolts in good working order. That all escape routes are free of obstruction and can be safely used. That any fire doors are not wedged open. That exit signs are illuminated. That there are no obvious fire hazards on the premises.
Means of Escape
4. THE HIRER shall keep all means of exit from the premises free from obstruction and immediately available for instant free public exit.
5. THE HIRER shall keep all the emergency lighting supply illuminating. The exit signs and routes must be turned on during the whole of the time the premises are occupied (if not operated by an automatic mains failure switching device).
Outbreaks of Fire
6. THE HIRER shall call the Fire Brigade to any outbreak of fire, however slight, and details thereof shall be given to the secretary of the management committee.
By placing a booking the hirer contractually agrees to comply and abide by all of the Terms and Conditions set out in this document.
End of Terms & Conditions